Sunday, November 27, 2011

Adoption

Dear Sam,

At playgroup yesterday a dear friend helped me explain to her daughter you are adopted.  It took my breath away as sometimes I forget.  Since it was my first time having to explain to a child you are adopted I was falling over my words.  Luckily, a wise friend stepped in and helped me.  Her words delighted my soul. She told her daughter that your birthmom did not think she could be the best Mommy she could be so she picked the very best parents for you. I hope I can live up to that as your Mommy.

Your birthmom did and does love you, Sam.  More than you will ever know.  More than I will be able to tell you. She  gave you the world.  I just get to watch you enjoy it.  You gave you life. She made me a Mommy.  She is my hero.  I know you will be able to meet her, if you should choose. I hope you do. She is an amazing person, Sam.  Her love for you will never fail.

As your Mommy I will continue to teach you about your adoption, what it means and be better able to explain the words in my heart.  I hope I can live up to the words of my dear friend and be the best Mommy I can.  I love you with all I have!

Love always,
Mommy

1 comment: