Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dear Sam,
Just want to take a quick minute while you are taking your afternoon nap and tell you how much happiness you bring into not only lives but so many others who adore you.  Today, Papa and Granmama came down to go swimming with you and not any other day we have gone,  but today as I sat there and watched the three of you swim together it hit me how much you have single handily brought so much happiness into our world.  You swam like a fish with Papa, jumped to Grandmama and I am sure the neighbors could have heard all three of your giggling.   To see my parents love on you and to see how happy you make them it delights every being in my heart and body.
Not only to our family have you brought so much joy but our dear friends who surround us in love.  We went camping with this last weekend and to watch you interact with everyone makes me so happy.  Matt was chasing you and Jack and as I saw how much he adored you and it bring tears to my eyes.  Then you  and Jack went and took off after Mia and Meg and the giggles and belly laughs that came out of all four of you...I am sure it is sound I will never forget. That sound of pure childhood laughter.  You played radio with Madelyn,  roasted marshmallows  and hot dogs, ran fast down the dirt roads, played tent with "the girls" and found rocks to throw in the little stream.   As I watched you and your friends play I had to step away and catch my breath.  As my dear friend put her arm around me as we  stood there for a second in silence it just hit me how lucky we are to have you and much happiness you bring into all our lives.  It also made me realize how lucky I am  to have such close friends who love your child and much as you... it just took my breath away.
I hope one day I can thank your birth Mommy for allowing me experience all these wonderful moments of being a Mommy.  And her tell thanks trusting me to raise this beautiful soul as he truly is loved by more people than I can could have ever imagined.  Thank you for allowing me hear that laughter and happiness to all he meets.  It is something I could never explain but I hope you have feel it in your heart how loved you are, Sam.  And how those giggles it delights me more than you ever know.  Thanks for filling our lives with happiness and joy!
Thanks for a great weekend and a great day today!
I love you Sam,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment