Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September 9, 2009

Dear Cole and Cate,
Today your little brother, Samuel Alexander, was officially our son. The TPR was signed at 11:55 am.  Today, Cole and Cate, I want to thank you for sending him to us. Thank your watching over Mommy, Daddy, baby Sam, and Sam' birthmom, R.
We are so in love with Sam. I held him today for the first time and told him about you both.  It seems just like yesterday I was saying hello and good bye to you at the same time.  I told him Cole, that you have Daddy's legs and my chin. I told him that I knew you were a boy before the ultrasound tech told me. I told him that his big brother had a lot of teach him and that he would watch over you.
I talked about you, Cate, and how excited I was for a little girl and how I was going to teach you how to make cupcakes.  I told Sam how you hated your ultrasound checks and would fight the nurse every morning.  I told him you fought hard to say and how you held on for an extra two weeks.  And how much I loved those extra weeks with you.   I will continue to teach him about you both.  I love and miss you, Cole and Cate.
Please keep watch  your little brother as he has to stay in the NICU for a little while.   I am going back to the NICU to be with him with you both on my mind.
All my love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment