Friday, July 17, 2009

This speaks what my heart feels...

Remembering

Go ahead and mention my child,
The one that died, you know.
Don't worry about hurting me further.
The depth of my pain doesn't show.
Don't worry about making me cry.
I'm already crying inside.
Help me to heal by releasing
The tears that I try to hide.
I'm hurt when you just keep silent,
Pretending she didn't exist.
I'd rather you mention my child,
Knowing that she has been missed.
You asked me how I was doing.
I say "pretty good" or "fine".
But healing is something ongoing
I feel it will take a lifetime.
~ Elizabeth Dent ~

Please know they exist. Ask about them. They were here. My Cate and Cole were alive. They are little souls who need to remembered. When I cry it is because my heart is still broken. No, I am not over it. No, I don't expected you to get it and I pray you never will. This road is not one I want you on. But I am on this road and so is J. Do not expect that in a lifetime I will get over it. Until you can bring back my babies there is no getting over it. The healing takes a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. (((hugs))) Nicole. I feel the same way. I hate when people cringe at the mention of Grace's name. And that they dont acknowledge that she was here and she was born alive.

    Please know that I think of Cate & Cole often, and I know that our three babies are up there in heaven's playground together. . : )

    ReplyDelete