Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Graditude and Latitude

It's the ebb and flow of gratitude and latitude that that gets us through everyday. Always be grateful but don't be ashamed to admit the latitude.

I fell upon this blog tonight, http://whenoctoberfalls.blogspot.com/, and thought the Lord works in my life in ways I would never have thought. She wrote of gratitude and latitude. I have so much to grateful for and often I forget how blessed I really am. I wallow in the sorrow of losing Cole and Cate, the unfairness of the IVF, and the anger of all the women who can get pregnant who do not realize how blessed they are. Tonight, thanks to the said blog, is my short list of gratitude and latitudes.
  1. A husband who blesses my life on a daily basis.
  2. Cole and Cate
  3. Friends whom I have met that are on this horrible road with me. They make me laugh, smile, pray for us, and let me cry when the hurt consumes my soul.
  4. Andrea and Tyson, the best brother and sister-in-law this girl could ask for
  5. Rakelle, who calls and goes to lunch with me just to check up on how we are doing.
  6. Mom, Dad and fabulous in-laws
  7. J's job with health care benefits
  8. My boys
  9. My home and my garden, which makes me smile
  10. My faith
  11. Ice cream
  12. A good night's sleep, which is rare but oh so grateful
  13. Chicago
Latitude
  1. Give me latitude when the grief causes me to be so very angry.
  2. Give me latitude when the answers are not as fast as I want them.
  3. Give me latitude when I am so impatient with the process of adoption
  4. Give me latitude when I don't want to hear about how your baby is kicking you at night and you can't get to sleep.
  5. Give me latitude when I cry alligator tears
  6. Give me latitude when my heart hurts as our due date approaches

No comments:

Post a Comment