Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cate Alexandrea


Cate was born two months ago tomorrow, April 11, 2009. She was born at Saint Mark's weighing 7.9 ozs and 8 1/4 inches long. I can't believe our sweet little baby girl has been gone two months. It just seems like yesterday that I held her and kissed her fat little feet. I miss her morning heart beat checks and hearing that wonderful sound of a beating heart. I miss her bum shots when the Doctor came in to check her on ultrasounds. I miss her moving. I miss her.
When we were told we were having a little girl my heart grew by a mile. How lucky could one family get to have a little boy and a little girl? It was a dream. My dream of bows, pink tutus, ballet slippers, and dolls. Along with Cole's trucks, bugs, and love of dirt. A dream for sure.
My dearest Cate,
I hope you know how much I wanted and loved you. I am very proud of you for fighting as long as you could. I know you fought very hard to stay with us. Thank you for those two precious weeks with you. Thank you for letting be your Mommy. It is a honor and one I hold very close to my heart. Please along with Cole watch over us. I miss you sweet baby girl. And Daddy does, too. Just yesterday your name passed over his lips. He misses his baby girl.
We love you,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful name for your little girl. Thank you for inviting me to read your blog Nicole. It is touching, it is funny and it is making me sob. I feel that you have let me see into your heart. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete