Thursday, June 4, 2009

Simple things


My friend Linda (she miscarried 9 times, with one success) and I were walking this morning with our dogs at the park and she said that sometimes it is the simple things that get you through after a loss. So today I thought I would make a list to remind me of simple things that make me smile when the road, this horrendous bumpy trying road, of loss is too hard to bear even for a minute more.
• Fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and balsamic
• Watching Murphy swim after a tennis ball
• Snuggling with Ry on the floor
• Sitting outside with James eating dinner
• Flowers blooming
• Fresh cut flowers in a vase
• A email to say “we are thinking about you today”
• Pictures that Kellie and Andrea took at the Memorial
• Slobbery kisses graciously given by Murphy
• The babies’ tree budding with new flowers
• Reading a good book while listening to the thunder and the rain
• Sitting on our new bench watching the dogs play chase each other around the yard
• A 200 yard drive at the golf range
• Putting with James and the bets we make
• The SHARE girls
• Sonic ice
• Nightly walks as a family

No comments:

Post a Comment